Senior Payload Systems Engineer (2828) Featured
EUTELSAT Issy-les-Moulineaux, France 958 Days Ago
Department: Direction Technique (06DT)
Job Category: Space Segment
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Degree Title: Aerospace or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 3 Year
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Status: Sourcing
No of Jobs: 1
Start Publishing: 25-10-2020
Stop Publishing: 25-10-2024
EUTELSAT https://www.eutelsat.com Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
Reporting to the Head of Service Operations, the Senior Payload Systems Engineer will ensure a key role in the Service Operations Team.
In coordination with the Eutelsat Communication Systems Control Center and Payload Support team Management the candidate will ensure the connection between the Service Conception and the Service Operations Teams.
His/her role will consist in supporting the operational staff to deliver customer assistance for challenging projects and new service types.
The candidate will:
- Ensure participation to Satellite Services projects such as the Eutelsat Quantum one involving the Operations teams and particularly the 24/7 staff.
- Ensure a smooth transition into operation of the new services, by closely following the overall service design and integration
- Consolidate project related information to provide the 24/7 staff with processes, working instructions and tools specifications
- Ensure change management and new deployments (infrastructure or software) follow up for the Flexible Satellite Payload Services (Quantum, Konnect, K-VHTS, E10B, etc..)
- Deliver customer training for new services such as Eutelsat Quantum
- Provide the project teams with operational feedbacks
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process by delivering documentation and tools specifications aiming at supporting the Eutelsat CSC (24/7) for the legacy services
- Actively collect user needs and provide feedback consolidation to the teams in charge of the conception, development and maintenance of the Monitoring Tools
- Support both the engineering and the delivery departments in the definition of the functional requirements from the operational perspective
- Interact with the satellite manufacturer during the major program milestones (CDR, FMCR, ARBs, etc…) to ensure operational requirements are taken into account
- Ensure rigorous and UpToDate configuration of the existing and future monitoring tools
- Provide operational support related the the above-mentioned services whenever required
- Perform risk assessment exercises and impact evaluation for all changes impacting the service delivery related to the new services
- Propose, maintain and improve service quality related KPIs, with respect to the contractual SLAs
- Engage in deep technical analysis to define a strategic service improvement plan
Aerospace or engineering disciplined degree.
- We are looking for an engineer.
- A sharp customer oriented attitude as well as a pragmatic approach are key qualities of the ideal candidate.
- Experience in technical customer support is appreciated.
- The candidate shall be fluent in English, additional foreign languages are a plus for a role interacting with customers globally.
- The role requests strong and continuous coordination with many Eutelsat teams and customers, a team player attitude, acumen and rigour are instrumental to succeed.