ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
A Software Engineer is required to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role based in Glasgow for an experienced engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Developing and testing software to run on the various embedded computers distributed throughout our satellites
- Deployment and characterisation of these systems
- Creation of tooling to automate and streamline the production of our embedded systems
- Maintaining and improving existing technology
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
University Degree or equivalent experience
- Candidate should be educated to at least bachelor’s degree standard in software engineering or other appropriate degree
- Must be a confident C programmer with experience of developing for embedded systems
- Comfortable developing tools in Python to assist with the testing and deployment of embedded systems
- Working with other developers using modern version control methodologies such as Gitflow
- Ability to work with a group of engineers and technicians to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality
- Experience in programming embedded systems (i.e. microcontrollers and/or embedded Linux)
- Software development for RTOS systems
- An understanding of the upper levels of the software stack, working with APIs and some web-technologies (e.g. Flask, Django, Vue.js, Electron)
- 10+ years experience of relevant experience
- Demonstratable skills in mentoring and reviewing work of a software engineering team
- A background in working to industry standards such as MISRA-C