Vitrociset Belgium operates in Space & Telecom sectors providing turn-on key systems, software and services with strong emphasis in the satellite ground operations. We provide solutions, which grant quality and safety, and soliciting the innovation with a high return “value for money” for our Customer. In this frame, the company is looking for a Systems Engineer (Senior).
In particular, he/she will be responsible for :
- Execute projects from design to verification and deployment according to schedule, budget and business needs
- Act as main reference technical interface towards the Company and the customers for all matters related to projects aspects and to the Programme Company manager for what concern Project administration aspects.
- Plan design, development, and verification activities, including related procurements related to the project, according to technical needs and project goals
- Define system architectures, including analyses, budgets and simulations as per project scope
- Report project progress, assess the quality of the results, plan the forthcoming activities considering project schedule and risks
- Support young team members in the understanding, planning and execution of complex tasks
- Coordinate complex project’s tasks among the team members
- Produce project documentation relevant to technical results and technical activities planning
- Support responses to bids for what concerns technical and implementation aspects, breaking down projects into tasks and assessing the relevant effort and skill required
- Provide expert advise on new opportunities or R&D activities related to the running project.
- Master's Degree in Telecommunication or Aerospace Engineering.
- At least 8 years of experience in Industry, covering a wride range of activities of the project lifecycle. A previous experience in the space sector (earth observation, satellite communications GNSS or science) is a strong asset.
- Team Leader and Task Manager for Hardware and/or Software projects. A work experience with waterfall, as well as AGILE or Scrum approaches is an asset.
- Strong background in system engineering, ability to understand and critically assess requirements and architectures design. Knowledge of MBSE is an asset.
- Verification planning and execution.
- Experience and successful participation to ESA projects, including active contribution to ESA review process and involvement in large consortium.
- A previous experience in Security is an asset.
Requirements and soft skills
- Ability to write technical documentation.
- Participation to proposal writing and familiarity with the institutional market.
- Eligibility to EU Secret Security Clearance is prefered.
- Analytical and a good sense of organization
- Rigor, accuracy, reliability
- Proactive, customer focused
- Ability to work under pressure, to handle a high level or workload
- Ability to work in a changing environment, being open-minded
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn are essential for the position.
- Fluent in English is mandatory
- Fluency in French is a strong asset
- Travels & missions happen depending on the project needs
- Valid driver’s license
Please note that interviews can/will be held via skype, webex or other digital platforms. The TUD will be agreed taking into account how the coronavirus situation develops.