We have been at the forefront of innovation in the satellite communications industry for two decades, offering to all its stakeholders unrivalled expertise to design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems, world-wide. Our portfolio of services and technology know-how covers the entire spectrum of any satellite communication project, from market opportunity sizing and end-user requirements down to ground network development, commissioning and operations. To both commercial and defence related domains, we also offer unique understanding and insight to enable a more user-friendly and accessible use of satellite communication resources.
Innovation and ingenuity are the guiding principles of anything we do for our customers. Working with e2E requires a high level of dedication and personal motivation, commitment and a drive to continually seek to improve things but the results our Group has consistently achieved over the years, at personal and team levels, are outstanding and make e2E a great place to work.
Our team is involved in establishing the requirements, overall system design and validation and assurance of the next generation satellite systems ranging from new-space LEO constellations of Small and Nanosats through to GEO High Throughput Satellites. We are developing open and flexible system architectures that bring together cutting-edge technology and innovation from different communications sectors including 5G and Optical communications. Our team are also applying industry best practice to create responsive and agile satellite operations to support our commercial and military customers in the most challenging of environments.
We are expanding our team particularly in respect of the Space Segment and next generation Satellite Payloads and are seeking a Senior Satellite Communications Systems Consultant to assist with the requirements development, architectural design and modelling and validation/assurance of complex commercial and military satcom networks and their supported communications services.
- Develop, manage and maintain space and ground segment requirements for LEO, MEO and GEO based satcom systems
- Carry out requirement decomposition, modelling and trade-off analysis to establish requirements for satellite payloads and overall networks based, on end user needs
- Develop system and service architectures for next generation LEO and MEO constellation space segments to support high and low data rate satcom networks
- Using a Model Based Systems Engineering Approach over the System Development Lifecycle
- Develop and maintain link budgets using basic and more advanced model-based techniques
- Undertake top-level capacity design and performance analysis of satellite communications payloads, networks and related communications services
- Contribute to the high-level system design of satellite network constellations including GEO, MEO and LEO satellites
- Simulation of satellite communications networks and payloads in support of the above
- Ensure satellite payload and network design adherence to appropriate standards and ITU regulations
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with e2E’s customers and partners
- Undertake other appropriate duties as directed by e2E’s authorised managers
- Competitive salary dependent on skills/experience plus a growing list of Company benefits (including 6% Company Pension Scheme contribution, Death in Service Benefit, Income Protection Insurance, membership of Health Care Cash Plan & EAP, Employee Share Option scheme, 25 days holiday per annum in addition to public/bank holidays).
- By submitting your CV/application you are consenting to e2E Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application of future employment. This information will only be used by e2E Group.
e2E Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
Skills, Character and Experience
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused Systems Engineering team
- Track record of taking full responsibility for the delivery of critical system components
- Evidence of being able to develop innovative and efficient solutions to defined problems whilst working within tight timescale and budgetary constraints
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise and unambiguous documentation confirming to applicable technical and quality standards
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and gain consensus to drive through change.
- UK national (given potential UK defence work being carried out)
- Security Cleared or ability to be security cleared
- >10 years of experience of Systems Engineering of satellite communications networks of which more than 5 years is relating to Satellite Payload and Space Segment
- Ability to establish network capacity and high-level satellite payload and ground segment architectural requirements based on user needs
- Simulation and modelling of satellite networks in support of the above (including both space and ground parts of the network)
- Good understanding and experience of satellite communications network system design for LEO. MEO and GEO systems
- Experience of applying structured Systems Engineering approach to complex Satellite Systems programmes, including full understanding of through-life Assurance and Acceptance activities.
- Knowledge of the resource planning and delivery of communications services over satellite networks.
- Knowledge of the operating framework used by satellite communications / telecoms operators for service delivery (e.g. ITIL or eTOM).
- Experience in design and assessing software, firmware and hardware solutions within an overall system design including transparent and regenerative payload designs
- Experience and knowledge of security architecture design principles and their application to system design.
- Experience and knowledge of Software Defined Radio, Digital Satellite Payloads and communications devices
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Experience of military satellite communications networks operating in stressed environments
- Experience with Network and Service Management technologies and developing SLAs
- Business development, procurement and commercial experience
- Experience in specification and design of 5G terrestrial or 5G satellite networks
- Experience in specification and design of Optical Satcom Networks and Space Segments