We have been at the forefront of innovation in the satellite communications industry for two decades, offering to all its stakeholders unrivalled expertise to design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems, world-wide. Our portfolio of services and technology know-how covers the entire spectrum of any satellite communication project, from market opportunity sizing and end-user requirements down to ground network development and operations. To both commercial and defence related domains, we also offer unique modular and agile technology to enable a more user-friendly and accessible use of satellite communication resources.
Innovation and ingenuity are the guiding principles of anything we do for our customers. Working with e2E requires a high level of dedication and personal motivation, commitment and a drive to continually seek to improve things but the results our Group has consistently achieved over the years, at personal and team levels, are outstanding and make e2E a great place to work.
Our team is involved in establishing the requirements for UK’s next generation of military satellite system and developing an open and flexible system architecture that brings together cutting-edge technology and innovation from the military and commercial satellite communications sectors. Our team are also applying industry best practice to create responsive and agile satellite operations to support our military customers in the most challenging of environments.
We have an opportunity for a Product Assurance Lead to join and be an integral part of e2E’s programme/systems delivery team. The Product Assurance Lead is required to provide support to e2E and its external customers such as UK MoD and commercial satcom operators, in assure high quality
and reliability of products and systems delivered highlighting and assessing risks to schedule and cost to achieve the high assurance level.
- To ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded through effective product assurance planning
- To ensure that for product or system failures appropriate root cause investigation takes place and that corrective and preventive action is planned, tested and implemented
- To ensure the system design and any associated product manufacturing risk (in terms of quality) is identified, evaluated and mitigated through the demonstration of existing heritage and/or new design validation
- To provide prompt identification and prioritisation of non-conformances in a product, ensuring corrective action at project and management level
- To promote and provide this product assurance capability to existing and potential customers
- To drive improvements in-house in holding risk- based audits and in the supply chain (if appropriate) for e2E products
- Deliver Quality, Product Assurance, Safety and Reliability requirements
- Establish compliance to Product Assurance and Safety requirements for products/systems,
- Generation of Product Assurance and Safety Plans
- Support the Design, Test and Manufacturing Readiness Reviews within a system lifecycle from a Product Assurance perspective
- Support the administration of, co-authorise and close out of waivers and deviations.
- Carry-out FMECA and Reliability/Availability Analysis on systems
- Support external audits as required (product certification bodies and customers)
- Competitive salary dependent on skills/experience plus a growing list of Company benefits (including 6% Company Pension Scheme contribution, Death in Service Benefit, Income Protection Insurance, membership of Health Care Cash Plan & EAP, Employee Share Option scheme, 25 days holiday per annum in addition to public/bank holidays).
- By submitting your CV/application you are consenting to e2E Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application of future employment. This information will only be used by e2E Group.
e2E Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
At least 2i University degree or equivalent in a maths, science or engineering subject.
Skills, Character and Experience
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team
- Proven ability to take full responsibility for the delivery of critical system components
- Track record of developing innovative and efficient solutions to defined problems
- Evidence of being able to work within tight timescale and budgetary constraints
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise and unambiguous documentation confirming to applicable technical and quality standards
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- UK national (given potential UK defence work being carried out)
- UK Security Clearance or ability to be security cleared
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out product assurance for communications systems which incorporate hardware, firmware, software and configuration data against product engineering standards
- Experience in developing Product Assurance Plans which cover the complete system lifecycle
- Proven experience of conducting successful product assurance audits on suppliers
- Experience in assuring systems from a cyber-security perspective
- Proven ability to assess Through Life Support offerings from suppliers
- Familiarity with ECSS Product Standards and DEF-STAN standards related to Product Engineering
- Familiarity in maintaining configuration management baselines
- Experience in using product assurance metrics, product quality tools and methodologies
- Proven ability to understand and develop System FMECAs
- An understanding of radio and digital networking communications engineering concepts
- An understanding of Software Assurance Techniques
- Experience in software and firmware development and/or its validation.
- Experience of carrying out system safety studies or security threat analyses
- A willingness to learn to gain domain knowledge through project experience
- Experience of working in space/satellite industry and understanding of satellite radio communications systems and management
- Experience of drafting proposals and leading projects
- Experience in systems engineering to include feasibility studies, system analysis, requirements analysis and traceability and system architectural design and interface definition