Vitrociset Belgium is an international company which specializes in the space industry for over 30 years.
The European Space Agency is our biggest client and we provide highly qualified employees to many sites of ESA mainly in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, and the UK.
Your career is very important to us, therefore, we provide a permanent contract with great benefits, good salary, relocation package and genuine support to our employees.
Currently, we are looking for a highly skilled EGSE Software Engineer who will work for ESTEC, in the Netherlands.
The contractor will be assigned to the Ground Software Systems and Functional Verification Section of the Software Systems Division.
The contractor will provide on demand expertise in activities related to EGSE systems:
- Project (such as eSail, PLATO) support on the procurement, development and utilisation of EGSE systems, including problem solving, interfaces with external systems and project reviews.
- Project support for Ground Software Systems, such as the EarthCare Operational Scientific Ground Segment development, Level 0, 1 and 2 dataprocessing, visualisation. This includes generic software engineering, software development support, collaborative software development environment support, software acceptance (compilation, installation, running tests).
- Support on R&D studies, specifically related to the (currently under development) European Ground System Common Core (EGS-CC), which will be the basis of the future Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) and Mission Control Systems (MCS) infrastructures in Europe.
- Maintenance and future developments of the EGSE Reference Facility as part of the Software Systems Laboratory. This includes software builds and integration of industrial elements to the EGSE reference facility as well as the functional verification in end-to-end scenarios, maintenance of an EGSE software library/configuration management/lab website,
evaluation of needs and generation of requirements for enhancements.
- Support Standardization activities in the EGSE domain (e.g. E70-30 Monitoring and Control Data Definition, E70-32 Test and Operations Language, E70-41 PUS, E10-23 Space System Data Repository).
- A Master degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- The candidate shall have extensive practical experience of implementing and building complex software systems in the space domain, in developing and utilizing EGSEs, in modelling monitoring and control data in compliance with the ESA monitoring and control systems (legacy systems such as SCOS or future systems such as EGS-CC.
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices and standards applied to real-time systems.
- Knowledge of Space Systems and Space System Engineering is necessary.
- In particular experience with one or more topics such as:
- SW development (Java, Eclipse)
- Service oriented and component based architectures (OSGi, Karaf)
- Unix/Linux system administration and programming
- Configuration management and build of large SW projects (Git, Maven,
Jenkins, Nexus, Gradle)
- Object Oriented design methods and corresponding tools (e.g. MagicDraw)
- Databases: Oracle, Postgres, Hadoop
- SCOS 2000 and the SCOS 2000 MIB ICD
- Experience with the relevant ECSS standards particularly PUS and its tailoring.
Please note that interviews can/will be held via Skype, Webex or other digital platforms. The TUD will be agreed to take into account how the coronavirus situation develops.